Winning Images to be displayed at the NAFAS AGM, the Bishopsgate Institute, 230 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4QH on Wednesday 11th October 2017, and at the NAFAS Festive Flower & Food Show, Blackpool, from 9th – 11th November 2017
The Doris Madeley Trophy
A colour image of a landscape or seascape
The North Midlands Trophy
A close-up detail of natural plant material
WATCH THIS SPACE
The Coles Trophy
An image of plants and/or flowers, to demonstrate imaginative manipulation
**Please send a copy of the original image for comparison**
FROM THE PAGES OF HISTORY
The Surrey Trophy
A black and white, greyscale or sepia image of any subject to interpret the title
SHOWSTOPPER – Novice Class*
The East of England Trophy
A colour image to incorporate a floral design
*A novice is defined as a member who has not previously won a prize in a NAFAS National Photographic Competition.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS – Junior Class*
A colour image of any subject to interpret the class title
*A Junior is classed as any person aged 17 years or under Age to be stated as at 1.9.17
CLOSING DATE: 5 pm FRIDAY 1st SEPTEMBER 2017
The Competition Secretary must receive digital entries, entry form and cheque by this date.
1st – £20.00, 2nd – £15.00, 3rd – £10.00
1st – £30.00, 2nd – £20.00, 3rd – £10.00
THE IMAGE SELECTED AS “OVERALL WINNER” WILL RECEIVE THE SOUTH MIDLANDS TROPHY
- Classes 1 – 5: The competition is open to all NAFAS members who have paid their affiliation fee, except for members of the NAFAS National Photography Committee, who may not enter the competition.
- Class 6 is open to junior members of any club affiliated to NAFAS
- Entry Fee: Class 6, Juniors – no charge. All others, £1.00 per image, with a maximum of three entries in each class.
- No image can be entered into more than one class.
- No manipulation except basic overall adjustment faithful to the original image is allowed, except in Class 3.
- Entrants submitting images of floral exhibits should, as far as possible, acknowledge the arranger or state if the exhibit is the photographer’s own work.
- All images must have been taken by the competitor.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Images should be sent in jpg or jpeg format and must be a minimum of 2000 pixels in width or height, depending on the aspect (portrait or landscape) and a minimum of 1 megabyte in size.
- Images should be emailed separately (one per email) to the Competition Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org and the completed entry form, together with your entry fee (cheque in £ sterling made payable to NAFAS) should be posted to the address below.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing to the future use of your image/s by NAFAS in any form, whether electronic or in print.
Send your completed entry form to: Competition Secretary
1 Mayflower Gardens
Herts CM23 4PA
Digital entries by email are preferred, but for those unable to email their entries, un-mounted prints, minimum size 10” x 8” (approximately 25.5cms x 20.5cms), together with your entry form and cheque, may be mailed in a suitably protected envelope to the address above. (Remember that if your entry requires a signature, it must be posted at least 14 days before the closing date.)
PLEASE NOTE THAT PRINTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED
The closing date for entries by email or post is 5 pm on Friday 1st September 2017. All images, entry forms and cheques must be received by this date.
HOW TO ENTER
Submit each individual entry by email with 2017 Photography Competition in the subject line to the Competition Secretary – email@example.com – before the deadline of 5pm Friday 1st September 2017. IMPORTANT: Please send your entry AS AN ATTACHMENT (not as an image in the body of the email). Please ensure that your image/s are sent at full size as some email applications automatically reduce the size before sending.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Your name
- Your address and postcode
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your Flower Club name and NAFAS Area
- The number and title of the class you are entering
- A brief description of the image (e.g. who designed a floral exhibit, or where a landscape image was taken)
- Print out the entry form on page 5 and send it with your cheque (in £ sterling), made payable to NAFAS, to the address below. Once your entry form and cheque have been received, your digital image will be entered into the competition.
Digital entries are preferred, but anyone unable to email their entries should send their entry form and cheque, together with un-mounted prints, minimum size 10” x 8” (approx. 25.5cms x 20.5cms), mailed in a suitably protected envelope with the correct postage, to:
Entries should be sent to the Competition Secretary:
Competition Secretary 1 Mayflower Gardens Bishop’s Stortford Herts
Remember that if your entry requires a signature, it must be posted at least 14 days before the closing date.