Below are the Competition Regulations and Information.
- All competitive classes, (excluding Class 2) are open to members of Clubs and Societies affiliated to any of the Areas of NAFAS, including International Affiliates, Overseas Members of the London and Overseas Area of NAFAS, members of a Flower Association affiliated to a WAFA affiliated country and to individual members of NAFAS. All exhibits will be judged in accordance with the NAFAS Competitions Manual – Third Edition 2015.
- Class 2 is open to all including florists, students and all designers.
- All exhibits must be the unaided work of the competitor and must be assembled in the venue with the exception of classes 3,4,5,6 which may be submitted
- Any complaint by competitors should be handed to the Competitions Officer in writing before the end of staging at 12.30 pm on Wednesday 8 November.
- All exhibits will be staged in artificial lighting.
- All measurements in the staging instructions are approximate. All exhibits must be staged within the space allowed.
- Colour samples of staging will be sent on acceptance of entry. Unless otherwise instructed, nothing may be attached to the staging in any class.
- Aerosol cans of any description must not be used in the competition venue.
- Competitors may use glue guns and other electrical equipment only when accompanied by a valid PAT certificate and must advise Competition Officer 10 days before the staging date.
- Individual entries (including Class 2 which should have both names included) must be submitted on official entry forms accompanied by an entry fee of £35.00 and if applicable with a separate cheque of £15.00 for the second entry. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- All entries must be submitted to the Competitions Officer not before 26 June and not after 10 July 2017.
- Competitors may not enter more than two classes.
- Competitors may stage only one entry per class.
- Alternative choices may be made as indicated on the entry form.
- Applications containing all entry forms and fees must include a
stamped addressed A5 envelope.
- Competitors will be advised of the acceptance of entries within three weeks after the closing date. If a class is over-subscribed entries will be allocated by ballot. Acceptance of all entries must be returned within ten days.
- Any exhibit, excluding Class 2, 5 and 6, receiving a prize is eligible to be considered for a Special Award.
- No entry fees are required for classes 5 and 6.
- If any junior classes are oversubscribed the number of entries from any one group may be restricted.
- All staging of exhibits will take place on Wednesday 8 November 2017 between 6.30 am and 12.30 pm.
- Subject to completion by contractors, competitors will be allowed to unload only on Tuesday 7 November between 7.30 pm and 9.30 pm. Details of unloading times will be staggered to alleviate congestion and will be explained on acceptance of entry.
- Competitors must wear their security badges at all times.
- The Competitions Team will decide the positions of all exhibits. The location of all classes can be found within the schedule. Details of special staging, if applicable, will be sent with acceptance of entries.
- A maximum of two competitors is allowed for staging in classes 1 & 19 and one competitor for every other class.
- Only officials, competitors and other authorised persons will be allowed in the venue during staging times. Please note as Class 1 is staged in the main foyer general public have access to this area.
- Classes 3,4,5,6; Competitor’s exhibit may be posted to:
Blackpool 17 Competitions
National Association of Flower Arrangement Societies Osborne House,
12 Devonshire Square,
London EC2M 4TE
It must arrive between 21 October and 30 October 2017. These exhibits will be staged by the competitions team
If you would like to stage your own exhibit this can be done during the staging time and in conjunction with the competitions team.
Maintenance of exhibits
- Competitors must be responsible for the maintenance of their exhibits during the three days that the Show is open to the public.
- Maintenance of exhibits can be done in the morning between 8.30am and 9.30am before the show opens to the general public.
- The Competitions Team reserve the right to move and/or replace any wilted plant material.
The National Judges will be:
1st Reserve – Alan Beatty
2nd Reserve – Janet James
Margaret Rumens – NAFAS Judging Committee Chairman
To be confirmed – NAFAS Judging Committee Vice Chairman
The judges’ decision is final.
The judges will be available to discuss the exhibits with the competitors on Thursday 9 November between 8.00am and 10.00am.
- Each Class will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd, along with awards for Very Highly Commended, Highly Commended and Commended as appropriate.
Award cards will be placed on the exhibits from 8am on Thursday 9 November.
- TPrize money of 1st £50, 2nd £30, 3rd. £20 will be available to collect on Saturday 11 November from the Show Finance Officer.
- Prize money of 1st £50, 2nd £30, 3rd. £20 will be available to collect on Saturday 11 November from the Show Finance Officer.
- All special awards will be announced at 12 noon on Thursday 9 November from the stage in the Empress Ballroom.
- Class 1 People’s Choice Award will be announced at 12 noon on Saturday 11 November from the stage in the Empress Ballroom.
Presentation of Awards
- Presentations of all awards will take place in the Design Theatre on Thursday 9 November at 5.00 pm. They will be presented by Gerry Reid, President of NAFAS.
- Trophies awarded at the Show will be presented at the prize-giving ceremony. A colour photograph of the presentation of the trophy will be taken and sent to the recipient. Trophies are to be left with the Competitions Of cer for return to National Headquarters.
- Competitors are reminded not to post photographs of exhibits on any social media sites until after judging has taken place.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Special awards will be photographed by the official photographers from the National Photography Committee.
- NAFAS reserves the right to use photographs of any exhibit for any show publicity purposes.
- Clearing of all exhibits will take place on Saturday 11 November between 6.30 pm and 7.30 pm when all visitors have left the halls.
- Competitors must wear a valid pass and may collect a further pass to admit one other person to assist in dismantling their exhibit(s).
- Only when the halls are empty, will the competitors and assistants be re-admitted.
- Competitors must ensure that all their rubbish is removed from the halls.
- Any exhibits left after this time will be disposed of by the Competitions team.
Further copies of this schedule can be obtained on line at www.festiveflowerfoodshow.co.uk or by email request email@example.com or from Annette Urquhart, Competitions Officer 01344 779731